About Social Responsibility
This site marries together charities and socially responsible businesses.
What do charities do?
- Charities help in lots of different ways, but the main ways are by providing direct help, giving information or raising awareness of an issue. Lots of charities do a mix of these things.
- Charities in the UK play a vital role in our society and make a difference to millions of lives. We all benefit. Whatever it is that you care about, there will be a charity working on it.
- However, with over 168,000 registered charities currently in existence, do you know the charities operating in your area?
- Do you know how much of the £79bn income received by registered charities in 2018-19 went to local charities?
What is social responsibility?
- In today's socially conscious environment, employees and customers place a premium on working for and spending their money with businesses that act responsibily and for the benefit of society at large.
- But, how do you know which local businesses share your values?
What do we do?
- We raise awareness of the invaluable work that charities deliver, particularly those closest to us in our local communities across England and Wales. Alongside that, we offer businesses a unique marketing channel and the opportunity to demonstrate their commitment to social responsibility and support for charities.
- By engaging with socially responsible businesses, we help to facilitate a platform that more readily spotlights charities and makes them more accessible to prospective donors. With that, those socially responsible businesses can positively impact their own image, build their brand and motivate their staff and customers.
- At the heart of our purpose is the acknowledgment of the benefits that all charities bring to our society. However, small, local charities are finding operating conditions increasingly challenging, as they face stiff competition for donations from better equipped, better resourced, more well-known larger charities.
- The platform we have created recognises and advertises small, local charities and the work that they deliver. We strongly believe that the more benefit that small, local charities deliver, the stronger and more united local communities become.
- For businesses, what the public thinks of a company is critical to its success. Building a positive image around its belief in and commitment to social responsibility can make a name for a business. Consumers, employees and stakeholders are beginning to prioritise social responsibility when choosing a brand or company.
We aim to highlight and help enable small, local charities to thrive so that they can continue to improve lives and strengthen communities. At the same time, we're here to highlight and inspire trust in businesses that ‘do the right thing’ and demonstrate a social conscience. The result: a constructive and collaborative partnership, delivering maximum benefit to both charities and businesses.